I had a request for army man photos, and they will be here right after I show you our dinner. Bob killed a year-old doe on Monday, picked vine-ripened Byron tomatoes on Wednesday, and we feasted Thursday night. We didn't have any spice, so Bob crushed some pringles and added those. I don't even like tomatoes and they were good. Bob Ferberger is a good cook. Jason Middleton is a good tomato washer.
And as requested, the army men. I haven't had a chance to trim or paint them, so they're still a little rough. If anyone knows where I can find enamel paint in very small amounts for cheap, please let me know. (The duck is from the library's table at the Source.)
I thought the backdrop fitting--the flag is from my great-uncle Nick's casket. A real Army man.
These guys (lying down, below) are a little weird. They only have one leg and foot each. Past their waists, it's sort of like a mermaid except with a shoe instead of a tail.
This guy is supposed to have a rifle, but the end if it broke off, so it looks more like a pistol. Bob, Jason, Mike and I thought the way he's standing to shoot looks kind of funny. The only part of the conversation I'm willing to post online is that Jason (the Marine) said he must be a Navy man.
The mold for this guy didn't work very well. This might be the first successful version of him.
This one isn't a guy at all but she found someone's old Marine BDUs at a garage sale.
you are the second person in a week that has said that they don't like tomatoes... what is the deal!!!!! you are in a trip, mary... i can't wait to see you for the holidays!!!
ReplyDelete