Tuesday, November 11, 2008

happy veterans day

I had planned on doing my laundry and taking a nap after lunch (no class until 2:30 and little sleep the night before), but the Marine recruiters were here today. Two of them in charlies, one of them I recognized. I called my grandpa and Mike to wish them a happy veterans day. I sat in AJ's reading Pearl and Chase & Phillips.

The one I recognized came over after a bit and said hello, how are you, asked why I didn't come over and say hello. "Is it because Louis isn't here?" Well, no, it wasn't. We chatted for a short while but not about anything important. He saw my mile swim patch and said he wasn't sure he could swim a mile. I told him it took me an hour and a half and I fell down trying to stand up at the end, and if you ask me to run a mile I couldn't do it.

Nothing exciting. They're cool guys, though.

Let the record show that Mary doesn't actually have a crush on the Marine recruiters.

I called David T. and had a really awkward conversation.
--Hello?
--Hi, David T.?
--Yes.
--This is Mary Petrides from camp. I just wanted to say happy veterans day.
--Pardon?
--This is Mary Petrides from Tapico.
--Okay.?
--I just wanted to say happy veterans day.
--Thank you.
--You're welcome.
(awkward pause)
--Thank you. (awkward pause) Bye.
--Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment